Chicken Liver Pate via Chuck Hughes (Food Network)
I tried my best to get the details for this recipe while watching the episode and therefore may have missed something from the original recipe, however, I still managed to create a delicious pâté that my friends and family enjoyed at our last gathering.
This pâté is a wonderful suggestion for serving at your next cocktail party. It can be prepared in advance and served with your favourite crackers, naan bread, or on a fresh baguette.
1. Boil chicken livers and set aside to cool
2. Fry 6 onions
3. Boil 1 carrot
4. Hard boil 5 Eggs
5. In a blender, mix the following:
o Chicken Liver (cooled off after boiling)
o Boiled carrot
o 3 Hard boiled eggs (set aside the other 2 hard boiled eggs)
o ½ of the 6 Fried Onions (set aside the other ½ of the fried onions)
o Pinch of Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg
6. Pour creamy mixture into a shallow serving dish
7. Spread fried onions on top of the mixture
8. Grate 2 of the hard boiled Eggs and spread over the mixture
Note: This recipe is great for dipping with your favorite flat bread or crackers.