Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blueberry Jam

Blueberry Jam
While on a quick errand to Longos so I could pick up one thing, I couldn't help but notice the New Jersey blueberries on sale at the front entrance.  $5.99 for a container weighing 2 lbs (907 grams) was a pretty good price considering my inability to find a local fruit farm.

Now I realize these aren't local berries since they come from south of the border, but this is as good as it's going to get.  I'm making jam and working with what's available.

I picked up 4 containers, washed up the 8 pounds of blueberries as soon as I got home, added 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of water and let them simmer for just over a couple of hours.  

This jam tastes even better than yesterday's strawberry jam.
INGREDIENTS:
8 lbs Blueberries
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Water

2 comments:

  1. I've never made jam before, I had no idea it was so easy! Looks great - I have to try this! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of this yummy jam! I have never tried blueberry before but was thinking of making it a couple weeks ago and now I have the recipe! Thank you looks great

    ReplyDelete