Sunday, June 24, 2012

Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam

Strawberry/Rhubarb Jam
Thank goodness for farmer's markets.  We went to our local farmer's market in Aurora and discovered the Brooks Farms stand and lo and behold what were they selling?  STRAWBERRIES!  Local Ontario strawberries!  

We couldn't help but buy 3 flats and with that came complimentary rhubarb.  Looks like it's time to make jam again!

While I've watched my mother-in-law make rhubarb jam, I have never done so myself.  Working off of memory and a little experience with other jams,  I was making a strawberry/rhubarb jam.

... and the results were amazing!
INGREDIENTS:
15 Rhubarb sticks
3 pints Strawberries
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Water

10 comments:

  1. Homemade jam tastes the freshest and best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful and guarantees there will be no naked muffins in your house for weeks to come. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh my mouth is watering. I really need to try making jam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe, it's simple and delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luce muy linda esta mezcla nunca la he preparado suena maravillosa,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted to start making my own jam. hopefully this will push me. YOu make it look easy. also, thx for the nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,

    We've recently launched the site RecipesUS.com where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from American food sites and food blogs.

    We noticed that you have a great number of tasty recipes on your blog (url) and we would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.recipesus.com/top-food-blogs

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on RecipesUS.com, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: http://www.recipesus.com/add-your-food-blog

    Our concept is already live in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Spain, and we deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive 20,000+ visitors from us on a weekly basis.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Warm regards,
    Senka
    RecipesUS.com, Hittarecept.se, Findeopskrifter.dk, Alleoppskrifter.no, Todareceta.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing. It is one of the flavors that I have never attempted myself but absolutely love to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhubarb - taste of summer. Fantastic recipe, and I could really do with some of this in my pantry!

    ReplyDelete