Thursday, July 26, 2012

Peach Sauce over Vanilla Ice Cream

Peach Sauce over Vanilla Ice Cream

You just haven't had vanilla ice cream until you've tried it with this homemade peach sauce!

After cooking the turkey breast roast with peaches, making peach jam, and barbecuing peaches, I decided to make a quick sauce using the remaining 4 peaches that were getting too soft to eat as a whole. 


Oh, and that peach half you see in the bowl?  Well, I just cut a few whole peaches in half, got rid of their seed, placed them on a tray lined with parchment paper and froze them for a couple of hours.  ~ A real treat to compliment the ice cream!

Ingredients for Peach Sauce:
4 peaches (remove skin and pits)
2 heaping tbsp sugar  (you could add more if you wish)

Method:
1.  Remove skin and pits from the peaches.
2.  Cut peaches into small pieces.
3.  In a saucepan, combine pieces of peaches with sugar and stir constantly.
4.  Simmer until thickens.  (Not quite as this as jam).
5.  Serve warm over a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream.


20 comments:

  1. How easy is that? Yum! Refreshing and a perfect summer dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is super easy and sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that's really simple, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen you are süper...Ilove this too much,Ilove ice cream,Ilove peaches...I want all the plate..

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so good! I need to buy peaches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great idea to enjoy peaches! Thanks for sharing, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would pour this sauce over everything....looks so yummy, Ellen:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your peach kick that you've been having! This all looks perfect! I have never had this, but it sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great and simple idea I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ellen, this is a perfect summer idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this looks so super!! so summery :)loving the peach recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sauce would be a nice topping for my morning oats. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am craving peaches after seeing all your fantastic peach recipes. You're doing what I've been doing with the mangoes;) Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't imagine the taste..will try this soon..

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow i love the idea of the frozen peach! i can imagine how wonderful it would be with vanilla ice cream. mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peaches are great and can be used in so many ways! I am sure with vanilla ice cream this sauce was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can think of about a million ways to have this sauce...Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! I will have to try this as soon as I get to my local farmer's market.
    Ellen this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete