Thursday, August 2, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Every now and then, I like to take a break from making family recipes and try out notable recipes I've found through my network of foodie friends.  When I saw these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies posted on On Sugar Mountain, I just knew that my daughter and I had to make them.  They're eggless and made up of Oreos and cream cheese.  Perfect!

In case anyone isn't familiar with On Sugar Mountain, I highly recommend you take a look at Jess' blog.  Especially if you've got a sweet tooth.  You will not be disappointed.  She is full of awesome recipes that make me drool!  In my opinion, I think she's got what it takes to open her own bakery :)  
INGREDIENTS:
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup oreos, crushed

METHOD:

  1. Preheat oven to 375F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffly.  Then beat in sugar and vanilla.
  3. Stir in flour until soft dough forms (it will be sticky and this is ok).  Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Scoop out tablespoonfuls of dough, form into ball and roll in Oreo cookie crumbs.
  5. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake at 375F for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned and the centre is puffy.
  6. Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to wire rack for cooling.



35 comments:

  1. Oh my! These cookies look positively decadent! So glad I popped in on you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so craving these now! :) They look so good, thanks for sharing. -Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. mımmm...Ellen you are a great cook..cookies looks delicious..thanks for sharing,this is agood recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow these look fantastic! I'm not sure how many baked cookies I'd get...I could just eat the dough :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neal would actually pass out and die if I made this for him. Oreos + cheesecake are his favourites. I have never seen a recipe like this before thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These really look amazing. I have to give your recipe a try. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh amazing! Can't wait to try this, some of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with Oreos and cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yum.... I love the look of these cookies! Wonder if it will work with goldfish cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look hands down the best most delicious cookies I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These can't be real...they sound way to amazing! I wish I could pick one up out of the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow oh wow! i best not make these! I'd eat all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg!i want to make these so badly right now coz you see! i have a major weakness for oreos and i like cheesecake alot too. throwing 2 of my loves in a single cookie will be like a party in my mouth! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a spectacular recipe! I think everyone in my house would love these too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw these when she first posted them. So yummy! I cannot resist Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woah. Seriously, I could dive in to about a dozen of those!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the best twist on a great cookie that I've seen in ages and I wish I could reach through this PC and grab one. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic cookies. Would love a couple of them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Skinnysweetsdaily.comAugust 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM

    Ellen, I want one of these now! They look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cream cheese and oreo cookies; it doesn't get much better than than!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've made oreo cheesecake befores, but oreo cheesecakes cookies sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'm totally bookmarking this, this looks so freakin delicious. i'm so baking these for my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These cookies sound and look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. when i saw this post my eyes literally widened in my face. i would love these, and my husband would absolutely FLIP. can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omg I posted the same recipe a few months ago! Great minds think alike!! Hope you enjoyed yours as much as I did mine! :)

    (I posted them here if you're interested in comparing! amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/oreo-cheesecake-cookies.html )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Until I read a recipe I thought that they are going to be difficult to make. But they look easy to prepare and so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have a sneaky feeling this is one of those cookie doughs that you want to eat raw. :) Wow.
    And fairly easy to make too. Copied for when the grandkids come next time!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am making these this weekend! I can't wait to feature you and this recipe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness, Ellen! These look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ellen, These look so amazing!! Cheesecake and Oreos…such a wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This may be the best cookie I've ever seen! Seriously, I'm drooling. It looks so good! I will definitely be bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. mmm these look so good! your daughter sent me here via a comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, these look awesome and the ingr list is short! LOVE IT and thanks so much for linking! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my! Two of my favorites! Oreo's and cheesecake... Gotta stop at the store for the ingredients.... Quickly...!!!

    ReplyDelete