Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reeses Eggless Banana Bread

Reeses Banana Bread
In our home, we seam to have a huge infatuation with peanut butter and chocolate is considered a jewel, especially since by husband grew up in Belgium.  In fact, there was a time when I was importing Belgian chocolate into Canada and selling it out of one of the most popular malls in the GTA.


I don't think I need to rant and rave too loudly about how well peanut butter and chocolate taste when combined together, but I can surely rant and rave over how delicious this banana bread turned out :)


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Sugar
5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 mushed Bananas
1/4 cup Oil
2 Tbsp Butter
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Vinegar
1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
1/2 cup mini Reese's peanut butter cups

METHOD:
1.  Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2.  Mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.
3.  Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4.  Bake at 350F for 60 minutes. 

24 comments:

  1. Ohhhh yes pb & choc are always always amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this recipe, my husband's favourite is reese's peanut butter cups, so he will love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to banana, peanut butter, and chocolate! This is even more chocolately and peanut buttery... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter and chocolate are always good, especially with Reese's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, my husband would ADORE this recipe. I guess I should probably make it for him... when he's being good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try banana bread with reeses; this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this three banana,chocolate and peanut butter..this bread is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peanut butter and chocolate, that too with out eggs!! Awesome..Seems it will work for me.Bookmarked it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love chocolate!! I can't wait to try this is looks soo delicious!!! Plus the hubs would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! Looks delicious and sounds even better. I think I'll have a slice with a glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellen! This looks divine! An updated version of the classic banana bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a kind of banana bread I haven't seen before! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES! I love everything in this recipe Ellen, it's perfect! Peanut butter is my all time obsession, I try to be healthy with it... but I think putting it with some chocolate wouldn't do me any harm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds fantastic. I love the combination of flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Ellen ...excelente receta luce tentadora,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I think this recipe was meant for me! I LOVE peanut butter, chocolate and banana. I have th try this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much going on here...love peanut butter and bananas together is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, I am hugry :D

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Reeses pieces in banana bread? Count me in, this sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven. I'm looking forward to baking this. Thanks for sharing Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Skinnysweetsdaily.comAugust 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM

    Easy and delish looking recipe! Right up my alley! YUM! Pam :)

    ReplyDelete