1 lb Lima Beans
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Can Diced Tomatoes OR in season Fresh Tomatoes
6 stalks of Celery
Salt and Pepper to taste
¾ Cup Olive Oil
1. Soak beans in water overnight – include 2 tbsp of salt
|This process will help get rid of some of the gas.|
2. Drain water and place beans in a separate pot. Add enough water to cover beans. Boil until they are almost fully cooked. Leave pot uncovered while boiling. Skim foam from top to avoid overflow.
3. In a separate pot, prepare sauce. Cut garlic and onions into small pieces and sauté with ¼ cup olive oil. Brown for a couple of minutes, then add celery and tomatoes.
4. Add tomatoes and season with Salt & Pepper.
6. Drain beans
7. Place beans in baking dish.
10. Bake for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours at 375°F . Leave dish covered for first hour and then uncover for the remaining cooking time. Monitor for dryness and add water if needed.