1 large onion
Ground Beef or Veal
2 cups Rice
1 tbsp Greek Oregano
Salt & Pepper
1. Dice onion.
2. Saute onion in olive oil.
3. Add ground beef to the onions and once browned, add rice.
4. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Cut zucchini in half and remove the centres. (Remove stem from top).
6. Fill zucchini halves with the ground beef and rice mixture.
7. Place upright in casserole.
8. Fill water level and boil for length of time according to rice cooking instruction. (Usually 2.5 cups water for each cup of rice and 20 minutes boiling time).
9. Once rice is cooked beat 3 eggs with the juice of one lemon. Add a little juice if any in the casserole. This will stop the egg from curdling.
10. Once fully cooked, turn off and move to an unused burner.
11. Pour egg and lemon mixture over the zucchini.
12. Let sit covered away from flame for approximately 10 minutes, allowing the new flavours to be absorbed.