Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Leeks



Sauteed Leeks
There's just something ever so good about sautéed leeks.  It's funny how I never really liked them as a child, yet I love them today.  I tend to sauté the leeks with onions and store them in the refrigerator once cooled.  

We'll eat them as a side dish, or add them into a salad.  You may think this is an odd combination ~ soft leeks with crispy lettuce leaves, but before judging, I recommend giving it a try.  It is delicious!

My mom used to grow leeks in her garden and freeze them for use when she would make her homemade pizzas.  This was the only way I'd eat leek.  Mom would make the most amazing pizzas with the thinest fillo dough.  She learned this pizza technique growing up in Greece.

I never had the opportunity to learn how to make my Mom's pizza, however, her sister, my Aunt Tina taught me several years ago.  Perhaps I'll make this one day soon and post the recipe.  

In the meantime, you can enjoy Twisters made by Krinos, which are available in the freezer department of most grocery stores within the Greater Toronto Area.




Ingredients:
6 Leeks
2 Onions
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment